We are hiring a Director of Programs.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Bethany Christian Services’ heart is for children. Our mission is to demonstrate the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families through quality social services. Partnering with families for the well-being of children is our top priority.
- Serve as a primary communicator, coordinator, and link between programs and operations.
- Represent the agency in responding to constituent concerns, interest and grievances.
- Ensure implementation of Bethany Administration and National Board Policies as it relates to program implementation.
- Consult with Grand Rapids Branch and National Office on a monthly and annual basis to assure quality standards, service, strategic objectives, budget and operational goals are achieved.
- Represent the agency to various community and professional organizations.
- Facilitate the annual budget process within the program supervisors and assure thoroughness, accuracy and submission in a timely fashion;
- Monitor the on-going budget performance to assure youth program budgets growth and performance. Maintain budget compliance and take corrective action as necessary;
- Complete on-site visits to programs sites on a regular and as-needed basis to ensure quality;
- Ensure an effective and efficient program staff culture, ensuring diversity and equity;
- Participate as an active member of the Leadership Team and lead programmatic leadership meetings;
- Ensure Youth Services Department programs are compliant with any federal and state licensing standards and regulations;
- Work in a collaborative role with Director of Youth Services and Director of Operations as well as any boards, advisory councils, etc. encouraging diversification and expansion of services within the GR Center for Community Transformation;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May be required or asked to participate in a Bethany sponsored donor engagement event.
- Master’s level degree in Social Work or Master of Arts or Science in a human service related field or related field of study from an accredited college;
- At least 5 years of successful management, supervisory, program development and administrative experience, including budget management;
- Ability to assume complex administrative responsibilities over federal, state, local and foundation contracted programs;
- A commitment to the highest-level standards of professionalism;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in child/family welfare agency is a plus;
- Must be reliable with time sensitive deadlines and tasks;
- Exercise a high level of confidentiality and integrity;
- Work well under pressure and adaptable to change;
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.
- Regularly required to talk and/or hear;
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
- Occasionally required to move or lift items up to 25 pounds in weight;
- Primarily office based, but may be required to travel occasionally to other offices and external parties;
- Routinely exposed to typical office noise levels and/or exposure to various weather conditions.